Beacon are a Community Safety Scheme Accredited company. This scheme enables us to give powers similar to a Police Community Support Officers to suitably trained and Police vetted employees of Beacon.
The powers available are wide ranging and include:
- Require the name and address of a person who has committed a criminal offence that causes injury, alarm and distress to another person or damage or loss of another's property, or to whom a penalty notices has been issued;
- Require the name and address of a person acting in an anti-social manner;
- Require a person to stop drinking in a designated public place and confiscate and dispose of alcohol being consumed in a designated place;
- Confiscate alcohol from young people;
- Confiscate cigarettes and tobacco products from young people;
- Control traffic for the purpose of escorting abnormal loads, for the purpose of conducting a traffic survey, and for other purposes
- Require the name and address of a driver or pedestrian who fails to follow appropriate directions;
Please contact Matthew Robinson or David Selby at Beacon on 0800 999 247 9 if you would like further information on Community Safety Accreditation.