Beacon is Re-approved for the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme in Sussex for 2 Years
This scheme enables us to give powers similar to a Police Community Support Officers to suitably trained and Police vetted employees of Beacon.
Beacon currently have approved persons who have the following powers:
- Control traffic for the purpose of escorting abnormal loads, for the purpose of conducting a traffic survey, and for other purposes
- Require the name and address of a driver or pedestrian who fails to follow appropriate directions
The powers listed above are very useful for event organisers. essentially we can replace Police officers for the traffic amangemnt elemant of your event, significantly reducing costs.
Other powers which are available are wide ranging and include:
- Require the name and address of a person who has committed a criminal offence that causes injury, alarm and distress to another person or damage or loss of another's property, or to whom a penalty notices has been issued;
- Require the name and address of a person acting in an anti-social manner;
- Require a person to stop drinking in a designated public place and confiscate and dispose of alcohol being consumed in a designated place;
- Confiscate alcohol from young people;
- Confiscate cigarettes and tobacco products from young people;
Further information on the scheme can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/community-safety-accreditation-scheme-powers
Please contact David Selby at Beacon on 0800 999 247 9 if you would like further information on how the Community Safety Accreditation Scheme can support your business or event.