Level 2 Award in Safe Moving and Manual Handling (RQF)
Who is it for?
It is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
- There are no prerequisites for this qualification.
It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or numeracy or equivalent.
This qualification is approved for delivery to the age ranges Pre-16, 16-18 and 19+
Part one: Multiple choice question paper.
- Testing learners’ knowledge on the subject assessed by a 30-minute 15-question multiple-choice examination.
- Successful learners must achieve at least 10 out of 15 to pass this element of the qualification.
Part two: Competency-based assessment
- A competency-based assessment is carried out by the nominated tutor.
- Learners must practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques as indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit.
- Learners can either achieve a pass or fail.
This qualification is made up of one mandatory unit
Progression and further learning routes include: