Beacon offer a number of Security courses designed to aid each learner in their progress towards a career within the security industry. Please see below the Pre-Requisites required to commence a course with us here at Beacon.
- A B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications.
- An ESOL qualification at Entry - Level 3 on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- An ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland.
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THE ABOVE OR HIGHER PLEASE CONTACT US TO ARRANGE A FUNCTIONAL SKILLS TEST. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THESE STANDARDS YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPLETE THE COURSE.
Please bring with you on the First day:
- 1 Passport quality Photograph
At least 1 from Group A and 2 from Group B
- UK passport holder,
- Signed valid passport of any other nationality.
- Signed valid UK photo driving licence
- UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- Valid EU photo ID card.
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed valid UK paper driving licence.
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth, but not a photocopy.
- Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK adoption certificate
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only submit one utility bill in support of your application.
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months.
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can submit more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority.
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can submit more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer.
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Child benefit book issued in last 12 months